Notice of 10 November 2021
It is now even easier to apply for designs online: DPMAdirektWeb for designs with new functions
Since 9 November 2021, it has become even easier to apply for designs online at the DPMA. The DPMAdirektWeb update provides many new functions. You can now combine up to 20 designs (previously 10 designs) in one application (this is known as multiple application). You can now also export and import your data. A new modern layout and better user interface design improve usability of the service and make the application process even more user-friendly.
The essential changes at a glance
- up to 20 designs per design application possible (maximum of 200 MB for all representations)
- Import and export function for the application data
- Instant communication of the official file number of the design application
- Download option for the application documents as PDF document
- Better user interface design
- Priorities and descriptions can be added to the designs
Changes regarding the design invalidity application
The online application also offers new functions for applications for the determination or declaration of invalidity of a design, for example an import and export function for the application data and an option to download the application documents as a PDF document. In addition, you can now add attachments to the application in PDF/A file format via an upload function.
More information on DPMAdirektWeb
Detailed and useful information on how to use the individual functions for the design application and the application for the determination or declaration of invalidity of a design are available directly in the DPMAdirektWeb application. More general information is available on our web page on DPMAdirektWeb.
Last updated: 10 November 2021