News from the DPMA
Inventiveness and creativity need effective protection. The DPMA is the German centre of expertise for all intellectual property rights - for patents, utility models, trade marks and registered designs. As the largest national patent office in Europe and the fifth largest national patent office in the world, it is committed to Germany's future as a country of inventors in a globalised economy.
Here you will find our current press releases and the archive of earlier press releases.
Not all press releases are available in English. Here you will find an overview of the press releases in German.
- From boots with studs to referees with drone assistants – online gallery of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office tells the story of football inventions
- “Most innovative minds of our continent”: DPMA Vice-President congratulates winners of the European Inventor Award 2018
- Spider silk boosts innovation - biochemist Professor Dr Thomas Scheibel nominated for European Inventor Award
- "Senior manager with great expertise": German Patent and Trade Mark Office bids farewell to retiring Vice-President Günther Schmitz - his successor is Christine Moosbauer
- From patent procedures to product protection in China: information events with the German Patent and Trade Mark Office on occasion of World Intellectual Property Day
- Germany's strengths and weaknesses: WIPO Chief Economist presents innovation trends at the DPMAnutzerforum meeting
- High demand for patents and trade marks "made in Germany" – Germany leader in autonomous driving systems
- Archive - press releases
Last updated: 19/06/18