News from the DPMA
Inventiveness and creativity need effective protection. The DPMA is the German centre of expertise for all intellectual property rights - for patents, utility models, trade marks and registered designs. As the largest national patent office in Europe and the fifth largest national patent office in the world, it is committed to Germany's future as a country of inventors in a globalised economy.
Here you will find our current press releases and the archive of earlier press releases.
Not all press releases are available in English. Here you will find an overview of the press releases in German.
- “Brilliant technology pioneer”: DPMA President congratulates Karl Leo on winning the European Inventor Award
- "Sagacious pioneer in comprehensive digitisation"
- “Flagship project” of the federal government marks its 10th anniversary
- Exhaust gas becomes plastic: Brilliant German researchers nominated for the European Inventor Award
- Attractive funding programmes for SMEs
- Refrigerator, coffee filter, complex robots
- User Advisory Council starts its second term
- Digitisation: China and South Korea are gaining further ground
- Trade mark boom during lockdown
- Open to good ideas – InnoWi becomes an official patent and trade mark centre in the federal Land of Bremen
- New generation of microchips: DPMA President congratulates winners of the Deutscher Zukunftspreis award
- “There is inventive talent all over Bavaria“
- What comes after expansion plugs and screw-in studs?
- Prizeworthy surgical robotics
- PIZnet campaign week: "IP strategies for SMEs"
- Federal Administrative Court strengthens competences of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office
- Sharp increase in innovations in e-mobility and autonomous driving
- "Efficient, fast and low-cost": law amendments strengthen rights of trade mark proprietors
- Inventions for a green future
- German Patent and Trade Mark Office more productive than ever before
- Serious case of fraud: German Patent and Trade Mark Office warns of misleading payment requests
- The Deutscher Zukunftspreis award: "Impressive developments – important challenges"
- PIZnet campaign week: “IP strategies for SMEs”
- E-invoice: Further step towards a paperless office
- DPMA Annual Report 2018: German carmakers innovative in internal combustion engines and electric drives
- Artificial intelligence: US companies well ahead with patent applications for Germany
- German patents and trade marks in demand abroad as seldom before
- New types of trade marks and changed procedures
- Archive - press releases
Last updated: 20 October 2020