News from the DPMA
Inventiveness and creativity need effective protection. The DPMA is the German centre of expertise for all intellectual property rights - for patents, utility models, trade marks and registered designs. As the largest national patent office in Europe and the fifth largest national patent office in the world, it is committed to Germany's future as a country of inventors in a globalised economy.
Here you will find our current press releases and the archive of earlier press releases.
Not all press releases are available in English. Here you will find an overview of the press releases in German.
- 2023 Deutscher Zukunftspreis award: Highly advanced medical technology and technologies for climate protection
- Exhibition: “We protect innovations – 25 years of the DPMA in Jena”
- How to benefit from patents, trade marks and other IP rights: Free consultations for SMEs, start-ups and founder teams
- A “stroke of luck” for the Federal Ministry of Justice and the DPMA
- President of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office meets with heads of offices at the margins of the WIPO Assemblies
- European Inventor Award 2023: DPMA President congratulates LiFi pioneer Harald Haas on being selected as a finalist
- More and more women inventors in Germany
- Considerable increase in innovations in battery technology
- Patent grants at a record level again
- Handover of office at the DPMA: Cornelia Rudloff-Schäffer is succeeded by Eva Schewior
- Archive - press releases
Last updated: 20 October 2020