News from the DPMA
Inventiveness and creativity need effective protection. The DPMA is the German centre of expertise for all intellectual property rights - for patents, utility models, trade marks and registered designs. As the largest national patent office in Europe and the fifth largest national patent office in the world, it is committed to Germany's future as a country of inventors in a globalised economy.
Here you will find our current press releases and the archive of earlier press releases.
Not all press releases are available in English. Here you will find an overview of the press releases in German.
- More procedures completed, again rising number of applications: forecast of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office for 2017 – consultations for inventors at iENA
- Fresh name, proven quality! The Technical Information Centre of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office in Berlin to be renamed DPMA Information and Service Centre Berlin
- General Assembly of the World Intellectual Property Organization: German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA) seals closer cooperation with Japan
- Leaner, clearer and more informative – a new web presence for the German Patent and Trade Mark Office
- Highly sensitive robots, complex hand prostheses, new quality of clinical images - three candidates nominated for the Deutscher Zukunftspreis award 2017
- Open Day of the Federal Government in Berlin: information stand of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office
- Free orientation about creating value through patents and more - first nationwide action week for small and medium enterprises in many German towns, from 11 to 15 September 2017
- Study: services offered by the German Patent and Trade Mark Office are among the top administrative services - DPMA pioneer in the strategic development of digital IP procedures
- 140 years of the patent office in Germany: European leader among national offices
- German Patent and Trade Mark Office at the Long Night of the Sciences in Berlin
- European Inventor Award 2017: Great honour for three German inventors
- World Intellectual Property Day: events with the German Patent and Trade Mark Office
- DPMAnutzerforum 2017 with a new concept
- Record numbers for granted patents and registered trade marks - stable filings at a high level - simultaneous reduction of backlogs
- Archive - press releases
Last updated: 23/11/17