For questions about software and IT equipment (technical support only):
DPMAdirektPro allows you to file a legally effective IP application online and submit electronic documents relating to this application online, at a later date. You will be prompted to fill in clear on-screen forms for submitting the data required for the requests. The data will automatically be converted into the data format required by the DPMA. For e-filing you need a special software, which we provide to you free of charge, as well as a qualified signature card.
In the programme you can register for electronic document mailing. You can then decide for each application (except design applications) whether you want to receive letters from the DPMA electronically or on paper.
Please note: Substantive formal requirements remain unaffected by the provisions of the Ordinance on Electronic Legal Transactions with the German Patent and Trade Mark Office (ERVDPMAV) (see Sec. 1(2) ERVDPMAV).
Advantages over paper-based filing
- plausibility check of data before sending (sparing the need to ask questions and avoiding delays)
- secure/encrypted data transmission
- verifiability of correct transmission
- prompt acknowledgement of receipt
- official file number in just a few minutes
- no postal charges and no paper costs
- reduced application fees
- accurate identification of sender (signature card)
Last updated: 1 March 2021