The DPMA as an information hub
As the central institution for the protection of intellectual property in Germany, the DPMA is regularly present at numerous events:
The DPMA is often present at the national leading fairs together with the central unit for IP protection of the customs services (Central Customs Authority) and other public authorities. Whenever possible, the DPMA is cooperating with the patent information centres of the respective region at important events at regional level.
Moreover, we offer multiple Workshops on how to use our databases and search tools in the Munich and Berlin offices each year. The workshops are particularly targeted at the staff of small and medium enterprises without or with little previous experience.
The focus is particularly on the following topics:
- information of the public, particularly the small and medium enterprises, individual inventors as well as the academic field, about industrial property rights
- presentations showing the significance of intellectual property
- information about the options of e-filing at the DPMA and electronic search
- information about counterfeiting and piracy
- collecting feedback on our work by the different groups of customers
Picture: iStock.com/Matej Kastelic
Last updated: 25/05/18