DPMA adds "missing link" to its digital services - since 1 January 2018, DPMAdirektPro enables electronic transmittal of official documents
DPMAdirektPro was launched on 1 January 2018, after successful trial operations. The new e-service enables the German Patent and Trade Mark Office to electronically transmit office actions and electronically deliver decisions. In return, our customers can electronically send a return confirmation of receipt to the DPMA. With this service, the DPMA and its customers can now manage the case files completely electronically.
Previous users of DPMAdirekt are requested to install the current software version of DPMAdirektPro. Customers need to register to participate in the electronic transmittal of documents. They will then receive a PIN to activate the additional functions of the software. If you have already participated in the trial operations, you do not need to take any further action but can continue to work with the system as before. From now on, all customers may use the service not only for new applications but also for existing case files, if they so wish, by making a request with the DPMA. Of course, you also have the choice to continue to use the traditional paper route of transmittal for individual or all case files.
You can download the DPMAdirektPro software here.
If you have any further questions please contact
our support by e-mail at DPMAdirekt@dpma.de
our technical support hotline, phone +49 89 2195-2500
Further information is available in our press release.
Overview of current issues
- Chinese and German offices extend Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot (19/01/18)
- SAVE THE DATE - DPMAnutzerforum on 8 March 2018: annual IP conference (18/01/18)
- Notice no. 1/18 of the President concerning the opening hours of the Munich office of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office on 13 February 2018 (10/01/18)
- Press release: DPMA bridges "missing link" in its digital services (21/12/17)
- Now online: DPMA trade fair calendar (29/11/17)
- Study on ICT patents (17/11/17)
- Notice on the handling of requests for extension of time limits and comments in opposition proceedings (14/11/17)
- DPMA forecast for 2017: More procedures completed, rising number of applications (30/10/17)
- Notice on the handling of requests for extension of time limits and comments in opposition proceedings (17/10/17)
- General Assembly of the World Intellectual Property Organization: German Patent and Trade Mark Office seals closer cooperation with Japan (04/10/17)
Study on ICT Patents
A study on patents in information and communication technology (ICT) has been carried out as part of the CIFRA research project. The "CIFRA Report on Challenges and Solutions related to Patents in ICT" draws on the experience of many different actors in the European Union. CIFRA is funded by the European Research Framework Programme HORIZONT 2020.
Information about the project and the study can be found here:
Newsletter - information from the DPMA
Our newsletter (in German only!) offers current information on the fields of activity of the DPMA, particularly on search tools and databases. You can have a look at the current issue here.
If you want to subscribe to our free newsletter, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
Picture 1: iStock.com/Vertigo3d
Last updated: 21/02/18