DPMA headquarters, Munich
The DPMA main building and headquarters is located at Zweibrückenstraße 12, next to the river Isar and the Deutsches Museum.
Please take notice of the Information on the closure of the DPMA during the period from Saturday, 22 December 2018 to Tuesday, 1 January 2019 inclusive.
Opening hours of the service centres at DPMA Munich:
- Enquiry unit: Monday - Thursday 8:00 to 16:00, Friday 8:00 to 14:00 (local time)
- Search room: Monday - Thursday 8:00 to 17:00, Friday 8:00 to 15:00 (local time)
- Document Receiving Service: Monday - Thursday 7:30 to 15:00, Friday 7:30 to 14:00 (local time). Here you can also make cash payments of fees.
Outside the general opening hours, please use the night letterbox to submit your documents on time. Parcels can be left at the front desk.
DPMA sub-office in Jena
A further trade mark division, the Design Division as well as administrative sections are located at the Sub-Office of the DPMA in Jena.
Opening hours of the service centres at DPMA Jena:
- Enquiry unit: Monday through Thursday 9:00 to 15:30, Friday 9:00 to 14:00 (local time)
- Document Receiving Service: Monday through Thursday 8:00 to 16:00, Friday 8:00 to 14:00 (local time)
DPMA Berlin Office building
The Information and Service Centre in Berlin is accommodated in the buildings of the former Reichspatentamt (Imperial Patent Office) on Gitschiner Straße.
Opening hours of the service centres at DPMA Berlin:
- Enquiry unit: Monday through Thursday 7:30 to 15:30, Friday 7:30 to 14:00 (local time)
- Search room: Monday through Wednesday 7:30 to 15:30, Thursday 7:30 to 19:00, Friday 7:30 to 14:00 (local time)
- Document Receiving Service: Monday through Thursday 8:00 to 15:45, Friday 8:00 to 14:15 (local time)
The DPMA is closed on Sundays and public holidays.
The following table provides an overview of public holidays for the current year.
The following applies to the observance of time limits for submitting documents and for procedural acts: if the last day of a period falls on a Sunday or a holiday, the period shall end on the next working day (Section 193 of the Civil Code). The list of holidays also shows you whether a specific public holiday is observed at the location of the respective DPMA office in Munich, Berlin or Jena.
|New year´s day||Jan 01, 2018||x||x||x|
|Epiphany||Jan 06, 2018||x|
|Good Friday||March 30, 2018||x||x||x|
|Easter Monday||Apr 02, 2018||x||x||x|
|First of May (Labour Day)||May 01, 2018||x||x||x|
|Ascension Day||May 10, 2018||x||x||x|
|Whit Monday||May 21, 2018||x||x||x|
|Corpus Christi||May 31, 2018||x|
|Assumption Day||Aug 15, 2018||x|
|German Unity Day||Oct 03, 2018||x||x||x|
|Reformation Day||Oct 31, 2018||x|
|All Saints´ Day||Nov 01, 2018||x|
|Christmas Day||Dec 25, 2018||x||x||x|
|Boxing day (St. Stephen´s Day)||Dec 26, 2018||x||x||x|
Christmas closure 2018/19
The DPMA will be closed from 24 December 2018 to 1 January 2019 inclusive.
|New year´s day||Jan 01, 2019||x||x||x|
|Epiphany||Jan 06, 2019||x|
|Good Friday||Apr 19, 2019||x||x||x|
|Easter Monday||Apr 22, 2019||x||x||x|
|First of May (Labour Day)||May 01, 2019||x||x||x|
|Ascension Day||May 30, 2019||x||x||x|
|Whit Monday||June 10, 2019||x||x||x|
|Corpus Christi||June 20, 2019||x|
|Assumption Day||Aug 15, 2019||x|
|German Unity Day||Oct 03, 2019||x||x||x|
|Reformation Day||Oct 31, 2019||x|
|All Saints´ Day||Nov 01, 2019||x|
|Christmas Day||Dec 25, 2019||x||x||x|
|Boxing day (St. Stephen´s Day)||Dec 26, 2019||x||x||x|
Last updated: 14/12/18