Opening hours on Shrove Tuesday, 13 Februrary 2018
The Munich office of the DPMA will be closed on 13 February 2018 (Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras). However, you can contact Customer Care and Services as usual for general enquiries about IP rights (phone: +49 89 2195-1000) and for questions regarding the databases (phone: +49 89 2195-3435) during service hours from 8:00 to 16:00.
Please note that cash payments will not be possible on that day. The enquiry unit, the search room and the document receiving service will also be closed.
The night letterbox can be used to ensure timely submission of business documents.
The DPMAdirektPro service for electronic applications as well as the DPMAregister service will be available throughout that day.
DPMA headquarters, Munich
The DPMA main building and headquarters is located at Zweibrückenstraße 12, next to the river Isar and the Deutsches Museum.
Opening hours of the service centres at DPMA Munich:
- Enquiry unit: Monday - Thursday 8:00 to 16:00, Friday 8:00 to 14:00 (local time)
- Search room: Monday - Thursday 8:00 to 17:00, Friday 8:00 to 15:00 (local time)
- Document Receiving Service: Monday - Thursday 7:30 to 15:00, Friday 7:30 to 14:00 (local time). Here you can also make cash payments of fees.
Outside the general opening hours, please use the night letterbox to submit your documents on time. Parcels can be left at the front desk.
DPMA sub-office in Jena
A further trade mark division, the Design Division as well as administrative sections are located at the Sub-Office of the DPMA in Jena.
Opening hours of the service centres at DPMA Jena:
- Enquiry unit: Monday through Thursday 9:00 to 15:30, Friday 9:00 to 14:00 (local time)
- Document Receiving Service: Monday through Thursday 8:00 to 16:00, Friday 8:00 to 14:00 (local time)
DPMA Berlin Office building
The Information and Service Centre in Berlin is accommodated in the buildings of the former Reichspatentamt (Imperial Patent Office) on Gitschiner Straße.
Opening hours of the service centres at DPMA Berlin:
- Enquiry unit: Monday through Thursday 7:30 to 15:30, Friday 7:30 to 14:00 (local time)
- Search room: Monday through Wednesday 7:30 to 15:30, Thursday 7:30 to 19:00, Friday 7:30 to 14:00 (local time)
- Document Receiving Service: Monday through Thursday 8:00 to 15:45, Friday 8:00 to 14:15 (local time)
The DPMA is closed on Sundays and public holidays.
The following table provides an overview of public holidays for the current year.
The following applies to the observance of time limits for submitting documents and for procedural acts: if the last day of a period falls on a Sunday or a holiday, the period shall end on the next working day (Section 193 of the Civil Code). The list of holidays also shows you whether a specific public holiday is observed at the location of the respective DPMA office in Munich, Berlin or Jena.
|New year´s day||Jan 01, 2018||x||x||x|
|Epiphany||Jan 06, 2018||x|
|Good Friday||March 30, 2018||x||x||x|
|Easter Monday||Apr 02, 2018||x||x||x|
|First of May (Labour Day)||May 01, 2018||x||x||x|
|Ascension Day||May 10, 2018||x||x||x|
|Whit Monday||May 21, 2018||x||x||x|
|Corpus Christi||May 31, 2018||x|
|Assumption Day||Aug 15, 2018||x|
|German Unity Day||Oct 03, 2018||x||x||x|
|Reformation Day||Oct 31, 2018||x||x||x|
|All Saints´ Day||Nov 01, 2018||x|
|Christmas Day||Dec 25, 2018||x||x||x|
|Boxing day (St. Stephen´s Day)||Dec 26, 2018||x||x||x|
Last updated: 12/02/18